- Karlsruher Verkehrsverbund
Die günstigste Tankstelle in Ihrer Nähe
- Fahrplanauskunft BW
- Busse und Bahnen in BW
- Aktuelle Verkehrsmeldungen
The following travel tips are intended to document the touristic and cultural diversity of this unique region.
- Gernsbach - Historic Old Town an the Murg
- Windeck Castle
- Memorial to the Movements for Liberty
- Forbach´s Wooden Bridge
- International "Flats" Racetrack Iffezheim
- Gertelbach Circle Hike (with Waterfalls)
- Murgtal Valley "Heuhüttentäler"
- Kaltenbronn Highlands
- Our Neighbour - Baden-Baden, City of Spas
- Mount Mehliskopf
- The Mhou Farm - A touch of Africa
- Pamina Rhine Park
- Boundless Cycling
- Rotherma - The uniquely special hot-springs spa
- Rastatt´s Baroque Seat & Schloss Favorite Palace
- Eberstein Castle
- Schwarzacher Cathedral
- Schwarzenbach Valley Dam
- The "Schwarzwaldhochstraße"
- Iffezheim Barrage Dam
- Volksschauspiele Ötigheim - Germany´s largest open-air stage
Visible from afar, the cathedral of the former Benedictine abbey with its well-preserved baroque working quarters and splendid courtyard gate belongs to the greatest art treasures of the State of Baden-Württemberg. These days one-of-a-kind concert events take place in the "Romanesque Münster Schwarzach" that claim an ever-growing audience from all over southern Germany. The reason: top-flight artists, incomparable acoustics and an ambience all its own.
The loss of its most important documents makes it difficult to reconstruct the early history of the Schwarzach monastery. The imperial monastery appeared for the first time in 817 AD as "Suarizaha" in a transcription of a document. Market rights were awarded to the monastery in 994. The church was severely damaged following a disastrous fire in 1299 and was rebuilt shortly thereafter. In 1302 the new place of worship was formally inaugurated. This consecration has now been duly celebrated each year for 700 years on the third Tuesday in October with the "Schwarzacher Kirwe" country fair.
An extensive new baroque construction at the monastery dates back from 1724 to 1732. In 1803 the monastery was abolished and devolved upon the royal house of Baden. The cathedral, working quarters and gate all give impressive testimony to the monastery's former splendour.