- Karlsruher Verkehrsverbund
Die günstigste Tankstelle in Ihrer Nähe
- Fahrplanauskunft BW
- Busse und Bahnen in BW
- Aktuelle Verkehrsmeldungen
The following travel tips are intended to document the touristic and cultural diversity of this unique region.
- Gernsbach - Historic Old Town an the Murg
- Windeck Castle
- Memorial to the Movements for Liberty
- Forbach´s Wooden Bridge
- International "Flats" Racetrack Iffezheim
- Gertelbach Circle Hike (with Waterfalls)
- Murgtal Valley "Heuhüttentäler"
- Kaltenbronn Highlands
- Our Neighbour - Baden-Baden, City of Spas
- Mount Mehliskopf
- The Mhou Farm - A touch of Africa
- Pamina Rhine Park
- Boundless Cycling
- Rotherma - The uniquely special hot-springs spa
- Rastatt´s Baroque Seat & Schloss Favorite Palace
- Eberstein Castle
- Schwarzacher Cathedral
- Schwarzenbach Valley Dam
- The "Schwarzwaldhochstraße"
- Iffezheim Barrage Dam
- Volksschauspiele Ötigheim - Germany´s largest open-air stage
International "Flats" Racetrack Iffezheim
In the spring and summer of each year, idyllic Iffezheim transforms itself into an elegant metropolis for horseracing during the International "Flats" Races. A venue where the beautiful, the wealthy, and above all equestrian sport-lovers from all over the world exchange 'how do you dos'.
International media provide commentary on the racing events, size up the thoroughbreds and help spread the gos-sip rampant up and down the racetrack. There are purses for the fastest horses and best jockeys, prizes for the most illustrious stable owners and the loveliest ladies' hats.
The "flats" races in Iffezheim are an attractive blend of elegant flair and country fair, exciting competition and refreshing relaxation in magnificent surroundings.
Edouard Bénazet, founder of the world-famous casino in Baden-Baden, was the one who also established the races in Iffezheim in 1858.
Without a doubt, the unique flair displayed by the "flats" racetrack, one of the prettiest and best-cared-for grounds in the world, makes its mark on the community's image. But Iffezheim has even more to offer: handsome half-timbered houses, charming hiking paths, extensive sylvan and pas-toral scenery, the barrage dam on the Rhine, and most of all a population whose sincerity and hospitality tell it all.